As I was packing my things together for my flights tomorrow, Alan called and suggested that I post my letters to you all in Blog form. As this was a very good idea, I saw no reason to say no, save some grand notion of independence that, however much I would like to have pursued it, would only have counteracted my free will anyway. That being said, Alan is an ocean away already, and sticking it to The Man seems silly when maybe the man became The Man because of his good ideas.
Saddlebag’s end, you ask? Why sir, why? Well, with all the phrase books and note cards, computers and cameras, sunscreen and fiber supplements, it almost seems like the trip itself is packed away in the bags, not in the arms that carry them, or the eyes that will turn away from them to see the sunrise come over the mountain-top; more about my trip to Mt. Fuji (Fujisan 富士山) later in the summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All is well at the farm. Your trail was still warm when your loving sentimental mother threw all your treasures out and rented your room... All right, not quite. I am considering the celadon pattern we saw at Crate and Barrel and framing the cow woodblock I bought you ages ago to celebrate your homecoming. Maaah
I am deeply impressed by your descriptions. Write you can. The manshon scene (stemming from 'mansion,' no doubt) is fascinating.
Keep the blog going, it is delightful. Dad is certainly gobbling it up. Have you met your roommate yet? Are you sharing your room with him or will you have private sleeping arrangements?
Please let Mika know I will investigate "hooke-on-phonics" and send you a full account in the third week of July when back from Canada. You should find yourself the nearest fruit stand and supplement your porkless diet with green shoots and lots of fruit.
Love, Maaah
Post a Comment